Monday, August 25, 2008

Moving?

I have moved a lot in my life, mainly as an adult. I don't mind moving, it kind of gives me a 'fresh start' on things. I'm a packrat by nature and moving forces me to clear out a bit of the junk every once in awhile. I've moved three times in the last three years. Actually, I've been averaging a move nearly every year for the past 7 or 8 years.
After having Elsa, we moved into a three bedroom home. We thought we would be here for at least 3 or 4 years, but when the prospect of a larger three bedroom home came up, we are seriously considering taking it. We underestimated just how much room we would need. For one thing, my etsy business takes up a lot of room, and when we moved in here, a bit over a year ago, the business wasn't even started. So that has created a lot of space issues. The office/studio where all my stuff is was supposed to be a den area where we could watch tv or Josh could set up his drums. But now that this room is full of craft supplies- the drums sit neglected (and in the way) in the bedroom.
Elsa takes up more room than we thought too! We really don't WANT to move, and we really don't WANT to pay more rent, but we just feel like we'd be happier if we did. Also, this new place is closer to the places we frequent, like the zoo and the organic food market. In fact, we could WALK to the zoo from this new place, which is rad. Hopefully we'll have made a desiscion this week on weather we're going to do it or not. Not knowing makes me feel so unsettled!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oooh, how exciting! Good luck in your decision making...